|The First Annual Benefit in response to the horrible tragedy of September 11, 2001 with the attack on the World Trade Center. The attack took thousands of lives including Brian Williams, the youngest son of Ken and Kate Williams who years earlier had lost their eldest son Kenny in another accident. The friends of Brian and Kenny had decided the best way to remember their friends was to hold a fundraiser with the proceeds benefiting causes that Kenny and Brian would support. |
On Wednesday November 21, 2001 the first annual Kenny and Brian Williams Fund Benefit was held at The Marquise Reception Center in Wilder, Kentucky. The attendance for the Benefit had to be closed due to the overwhelming response. The response for donations of Silent and Oral Auction items was staggering as well.
Silent Auction items ranged from...
- sports tickets and memorabilia
- golf and vacation packages
- restaurant gift certificates
- electronic and computers
- small appliances
Concluding the evening a Live
Auction was held with seven items...
Click here to see the full 2001 program
Several Raffles were held...
- a handcrafted men's watch
- a bicycle
- Electric BC Rich Guitar
- 3- day rental of a
2002 convertible Jaguar XK8.
- Lasik eye surgery
- 1-week condominium stay in Siesta Key
- 1-week condominium stay in Destin, FL
- Weekend baseball trip to San Francisco
- Weekend baseball trip to St. Louis
- Weekend baseball trip to Chicago
- 7-night stay at the Pueblo Bonito
Resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
The First annual benefit was beyond anyone's expectations as far as the response from the public and private sectors. The Benefit and follow up donations were in excess of $100,000.